Moved and Lost Car Title (CA to NV)?

I moved to NV awhile ago, but never transferred the title from CA. 

I now need said car title. 

BUT...

CA says if address doesn't match their registration, it has to be done in person (and address won't match as car is registered in NV)

AND 

CA says that to do it in person I need a CA ID (which I don't have).

I have an appointment with the CA DMV (in the distant future) but if anyone knows anything about doing this, please let me know. Will CA throw a fit since the car is registered somewhere else? 

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

They simply transfer the title to a new state that is not brain surgery.

Yes, it has to be done personally, that's why he made the appointment. Go there, bring your ID and documents with you, replace the title and voila. You still have all your information in the file and you still have the car VIN in your system, so that's all you need.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

You have to meet their requirements for a replacement title.

I would think phone or email would be more efficient than an appointment. 

• 1 month ago

You're just transferring the title to a new state, which isn't brain surgery.

Yes it has to be done in person, which is why you made the appointment.  Go there, bring all your ID and paperwork with you, get the title replaced and you're done.  They still have all your info on file, and they'll still have the car's VIN in their system, so that's all you need.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

dfsdfsfsdfsfsdfsdfsdfsd

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

If the car is registered in California, why will California DMV think the car is registered somewhere else?

What?

• May
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

You write that you are concerned because :  " .....will california throw a fit because the car is registered somewhere else ?...."

How can the car be registered somewhere else if you never transferred the title from California ?  It must still be registered in California and now you need to get a duplicate California title.  I see no problem ?   What are you concerned about?

What am I missing here?

• Ron
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You didn't lose it you just can't find it. Look again

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Call CA DMV and ask them what you need to do.  Then  just follow what they say.  That is all.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.