Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 month ago

How to react as a parent when your 7 year old kicks you and calls you the b word?

Happened in the store today.

Kick him in the balls.

If I ever did that when I was little, I would have a hard time sitting down for a few hours; I'm suggesting you explain to her why she was in the wrong and wear her little butt out. 

The more serious issue here isn't the swearing ( and the word ***** isn't even considered to be a profane word, at least not in some circles- it is used to describe an unspayed female dog of breeding age, in any breed) it's the kicking and physical violence.

When I was this kid's age, if I or my siblings acted like that, it would get us taken home immediately, spanked, and then sent to bed without dinner to think about it. Usually, such an act would also result in our being grounded for a while, too.

That's what this kid needs. I don't normally advocate spanking, but there are some circumstances where it is called for- and physical violence towards a parent is one of those. Sparing the rod at seven may lead to much bigger issues at 17, so be aware of this.

Take him home, explain to him that what he did was wrong and not okay, and then give him a spanking. 

Put him in timeout.

First, what you do is you escort her home! Make sure you are calm and do not engage in her attention seeking behaviour. Its taking her by the arm, putting her in the car, and then swiftly taking her up to her room (make sure all tv/electronics unplugged). You keep her in there for no more than 10 minutes, this allows her the time to cool down, and you as well the time to cool down and process.

Secondly, when the time out is over, you firmly take her to the bathroom, and you put a bar of soap in her mouth and you wash it real good. She needs to learn that if she uses foul language that is what will happen each and every time, I can assure you that she will think twice next time before calling you a biatch or any other nasty word.

Thirdly, you then sit down with her and you ask her what made her so upset, this gives her the chance to verbalize what went wrong, and how both of you can come up wiht better ways of handling a situation in the future. Then you explain to her what the consquences are:

1- She cannot come to the store with you for 2 weeks, if you need to go, then you find someone to watch her for a little bit. She has proven she's untrustworthy to not act up in public and that she will need to re-earn your trust

2. No electronics, tv, or hanging out with friends after school for 2 weeks. She can only use the internet to do homework, with your supervision of course.

Firm but fair is my approach.

Toddlers at this age can be unruly but must be kept in check ..... The toddler should be punished

• Shay
      1 month agoReport

a SEVEN year old is NOT a toddler

STRAIGHT TO THE ADOPTION CENTER

You make him sorry for doing so and explain to them what is and isn't acceptable. You may have to do so over and over before the concept gets planted into their little brains.

As with any unruly child.  You leave the store IMMEDIATELY, go directly home and put him/her into time out.  When the time out is over, you explain that they are losing TV priveleges (or whatever else you decide on taking away) for their out of control behavior.  Explain in no uncertain terms that it is unacceptable to cuss and kick.  Hopefully this corrects the child's attitude.  If it does not and the bad behavior continues, consider taking the child to a therapist because something else is going on.