Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

Does it sound like I may have autism?

I have very many problems. I am paranoid about everythinf thinking people are listening to my conversation, stalking me, spying on me or will shoot me. For this reason I stopped talking to my friends and did not leave the house because more often then not my heart would start to beat fast. It is very hard for me to remember things and do tasks and pay attention, but I have been trying to overcome my paranoia and talk to people. But I think that they talk about me when I am not with them. They laugh at me because I might take a few seconds to respond or laugh because I think of something but then they think I am being rude. I'm early 24 and can't take it anymore it gets worse everyday. I get a lot of intrusive thoughts. Always have bad dreams of people insulting me, chasing me or trying to kill me. I had anough. I never know ehat to say feel I have nothing in common with anyone.

Im not sure Autism is the correct thing to ask initially. I have ADHD and these symptoms match pretty well with symptoms I've had in the past.

Getting a diagnosis for ADHD in adulthood is near impossible as most experts expect it to be picked in childhood but just like in my case, its not always like that. If you are young I suggest you explore this with a professional while they'll still listen to you.

And remember having autism and being autistic are different things, decide whats best for you but I will say you should own it. It'll take time but you'll see the benefits out-weigh the negatives a lot of the time you just need to look in the right places.

Good luck in your journey Anon, you're a goddamn superhero!

No, there's literally no way someone can diagnose you based on one paragraph on Yahoo Answers posted anonymously. If you're that worried about it then bring these things up with a mental health professional.

Those are mental health issues. Has nothing to do with autism.

• Donna

No, that's not autism. Autism is actually when you think differently. It's a brain problem. That's sound more like depression or paranoia.