Can touching a motherboard with oily hands damage anything?

My hands were a little oily and there was a piece of lint on the motherboard so I touched it to get it off and there was a little oil from my finger left behind. Will this go away over time and will this damage anything? My computer was powered off and was unplugged from the wall

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

    no, but it's sensitive to the static electricity you build up. discharge yourself before handling electronics. and wipe off that oil. 

    • Vin2 months agoReport

      I already turned the pc on and it is fine. Should I even bother to clean it off if it wont cause harm

    • Login to reply the answers
  • Dick
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    Take a clean cloth and put a little alcohol on it and clean it off. It s okay to do and alcohol will not harm the Mobo. Just give it a few moments to evaporate and dry off before you fire it up.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    Yes, it's possible.

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.