Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 1 month ago

How long does it take to get the money when a public company goes private?

I own(ed) shares in Dream Global REIT. They were bought out by Blackstone.

My shares disappeared yesterday. How long does it take to receive the cash?

Favorite Answer

For a definitive answer on this transaction direct their to Computershare Trust Company of Canada, which is acting as depositary, paying agent and redemption agent in connection with the Transaction, by telephone at 1-800-564-6253 (toll free in North America) or 514-982-7555 (outside North America), or by facsimile at (416) 263-9394 or 1-888-453-0330, or by email at corporateactions@computershare.com.

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2019/12...

I have owned multiple companies that have gone private in the past, always in street name, and have always had my account credited in less than a week. Given the international nature of this REIT I am not sure if there would be  any additional delay, but I would not expect any.

I work with Corporate Actions, if the transfer agent is Computershare as zman states then it should just take a few days.  They are probably mailing checks out, so figure a few days at most to process and then mail time and time for your broker to organize and deposit to your account. 

• A.J.

Usually a few days. Shares were delisted so couldn't be sold after the 10th.