I tried cutting myself (scratching) and now I have scars, I’m going to Hawaii for Christmas as a treat and I don’t know how to hide them. ?

Favorite Answer

bracelets, long sleeve swim wear, swim shorts/skirts, full body surf suit, t shirt, makeup, band-aids, crochet swim suit cover-ups. Honestly probably no will stare or care at all about your scars. If it's your family/friends you are worried about, you could consider telling them at some point about it if you trust them. But, yeah. That's all I can think of.

Try hiding the scars with bracelets.

then stop being depressed u dum ***

don't worry about it. the more you try to hide them or act ashamed of them the more you will draw attention to them. nobody is likely to notice and if they do just confess: stress. 

Yeah, that's why self harming is so stupid. You're left with scars that you're now self conscious about.

You can buy a scar diminishing lotion at any pharmacy, but you did not tell where your scars are. If they are on your thighs, wear longer nylon shorts (Scooba shorts) If they are on your arms wear "tattoo sleeves or solid white arm sleeves...just cover-up for now..(I mean no one would really care or stare and who cares if they do) but definitely buy the lotion to make the telltale scars disappear over time.

makeup (concealer should do the trick) and wear bracelets

if youre just scratching yourself there may be marks for now but they usually disappear in a day or a few hours. unless you managed to actually cut yourself by scratching

You can always wear long sleeve clothing. Although inconvenient it's the only surefire way to hide them. You can also cover them up with makeup, but if you were to swim or get wet it wouldn't be much help. Usually due to the damaged tissue the scar will be raised from the skin and still visible through makeup anyway. There's no way to speed up the body's healing process so most likely you'll just have to deal with it. Take it as a learning experience and try to enjoy your vacation.