How to make my parents realize their own mistakes?

My parents usually make mistakes, and when I tell them that they're wrong, they start saying mean things to me. Normally, when I tell them about my hobby, which is technology, they often tell me that it is pointless or it is useless and it hurts my feelings. At this time, which is Christmas my parents keep telling me to practice the violin, and do other stuff instead of doing things on the computer (I don't play games). Also, they keep saying mean things to me. I don't think that the actually care about me.

Favorite Answer

You don't make your parents realize their mistakes, you just get on with your life and be responsible for yourself. Maybe in time they will see that you are a good person, and if they don't, then that's their problem.

if theyre being abusive talk to cps about it

Don't argue with them.  Honor thy father and thy mother.  It's good that you're into computers.  Just level with them, and tell them you're not interested in violin.

You can't. You should like you love wasting time.

What mistake? Technology is a big field. YOu just said you were on your computer without saying what you were doing on it.  Answer YA questions?  That is free advice.  That is not computer tech as it is more like a telephone.

There is "NO REASON" you can't play violin AND do computer AND get a job working  AND milk the chickens AND feed the cow AND do household chores AND other stuff.

.  In school I took 10 different classes....and I still had time to socialize with friends after school doing other stuff not school related.   You LEARN TO JUGGLE. or combine activities together.   That was not tough to do.  I did not have 10 every day.  Maybe 6, sometimes 7 in one day.  And still had time to socialize.AND WORK AND DO HOUSEHOLD CHORE and fix cars and even have friends.

. As all I can see for your computer use is this complaint, you are talking on the computer like a girl b-itching.

.  Put some effort everywhere because some paths lead nowhere.  Right now, you just seem to be a USER of computers and NOTHING MORE.

.  Parents care and as far as they are concerned a computer is a glorified typewriter.  That you are doing nothing with.  You might as well play games.  At least with some of them that would give you the vision to drive a forklift to put stuff away quickly like in some solitaire card games.  See how fast you can figure out the jumble of merchandise and put them where they need to go.  Each card is a different form of merchandise. Getting to completion is like getting the job done.  Failure is failure in figuring it out.

Who said there is no VALUE to games.  They are puzzles.

Many jobs is moving merchandise to a better spot.  All stuff is warehoused or put in a storeroom.  Usually one that is TOO FULL but you got to make the space.  That is your job.

So, I am with your parents.  It is pointless or useless for you because you are not doing something different.

You are not showing how you are making money on the computer.  So, just sitting there, watching TV.

• Janet

No one every admits their mistakes. Not to you, and usually not to themselves even. We all NEED to think we are right, and this is why few people ever admit they are wrong.

If you go around trying to pull the rug out from under people by telling them they are wrong, you are going to make a heap of powerful enemies.

And as long as you live under your parents' roof, they ARE the boss of you. Everything you have, you have as a gift from them, and they don't hahve to give you anything. So you need to behave.

They care. If they DIDN'T care, they would left you do whatever you want. And then they would kick you out of the house with no resources and job skills when you turned 18. THEIR job, as caring parents, is to prepare you for becoming an adult and being able to take care of yourself.

Your parents want you out on your own as soon as possible.