Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 2 months ago

Should an older guy 50+ keep having kids? It seems abnormal or unfair to the kids. Thoughts?

As I sit in the hospital room where my dad's 28 yr old gf, future wife, just gave birth to his 8th child (he's 58), I wonder why he wants to keep going through with this? He had a baby 2 years ago with a 20 yr old intern. Both of these women he met at work.

He has great taste in women. The 20 yr was a blonde knockout. My new future stepmom, Rita, isn't bad either!

We all sat around talking while everyone admired the new baby, taking turns holding her, etc. For whatever reason the topic of kidney stones came up and my dad having passed his share, pipes up with his experience on them. He talked about how last Feb him and Rita were trying to leave for Hawaii when he had one. He was able to pass 3 hours before they had to be at the airport & said he yelled so loudly when he peed that stone out that his neighbors who rent the bungalow next door that he owns, woke up and called to ask what had happened. He just told them that he passed a kidney stone! This brought laughs and my dad seems so proud to talk about his experiences passing kidney stones. Why?

Believe it or not but the quality of his sperm is lower now than he fathered you.  Too many autism cases or down syndrome with poor quality of sperm of older men.  Also it is unfair to the children who are born to older fathers because they dont get the quality life with their fathers.  Women who shack with older men are usualy after their money, and they dont care about anything (examples tRumps).

• Foofa

Kidney stones can happen at any age so this is unrelated to the title of your question. But, yeah, having kids when you're older does mean you'll be dying earlier in a child's life. 58 isn't 70 and you see other guys making babies practically up until the day they pass on. This can also contribute to things like autism that are linked to advanced paternal age. But ultimately as long as your father has the money to leave behind to raise this late addition to the family it's hardly the end of the world.

common in hollywood although it seems wrong

Those women sound like they have 2 braincells between them and your father sounds like one of those "studs" who thinks that having kids makes him a man.

If this is even real

why do you keep making inane stories to post?

He has great taste in women.   All I see is "Airheads" who is going to take him for every cent he has got.  The courts will award it to them.  Seems he can't keep 1 woman happy longterm.

This is a loaded question. So many variables, from the ages of his wife(s) to the number of kids the couple wants. right through to virility, economics and "availability". (of partners)

Peace