I am a citizen and I have 8 yrs married he has a 10 yrs deportation can I fix his papers. The deportation is over in 10 months?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Once his ban is over you can apply to sponsor his legal return. However there's no guarantee this will be successful. Sort of hinges on WHY he was deported (from a nation that only deports violent felons). A felony record will probably disqualify him. TBH you should probably be considering either divorcing or relocating to live with him in his country.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

There is no 'fixing papers'....... after his 10 yr ban, you can apply for a spousal visa if you/them fulfil the terms and conditions, financial obligations etc and immigration will consider it and either allow them to have the visa and then travel or they will deny

• 2 months ago

After he completes his bar to reentry, his record of prior visa/immigration violations will always be against him. IF you meet support requirements, and IF you can prove a valid & enduring marriage, you can file a petition for his immigration. If you have not been residing with your spouse in his country during his bar, do not expect to be able to prove a committed marriage. It's extremely difficult to prove if you have not been living together.

Of course, you can always live with him in his country.

• 2 months ago

Assuming you mean he has been outside the USA for eight years and his only impediment is the 10-year ban for being in the USA illegally then you can file to sponsor him for a spouse visa.  You can start now as it will take more than a year for the application to be processed.

https://www.uscis.gov/family/family-us-citizens/br...

If his situation is more complicated than just the 10-year ban then you need to talk to an immigration attorney. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.