Can solo singing have harmony?

Can a solo singer who’s just singing with no background instruments, music, sounds, etc, literally just their voice, have harmony?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Tony B
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Not if they are singing in the normal way. Ordinary singing can only produce one note at a time.

There may be some type of “ethnic singing” (sorry, don't know what other term to use) where people can produce some kind of drone whilst singing over the top. I really can't see how that could physically be done though. I have heard performers produce sounds vocally that to me were impossible! Clearly they weren't.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

"Harmony; in music, the sound of two or more notes heard simultaneously."

Can you sing two or more notes at the same time?

• RJ
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No.  A singer cannot sing multiple notes simultaneously.  As such, a singer cannot sing harmony in live performances.  

However, one singer made a studio recording of her singing.  While that studio recording was played, the singer sang harmony, all of which was also recorded.  The end result was a recording of a singer singing harmony to her own singing.  

• 1 month ago

No. Harmony is two or more voices, vocal or instrumental. singing or playing different parts. A solo is one voice, vocal or instrumental.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.