How do I do write it correctly?

Hello,

I'm from Germany and my English is not good, therefore I have some questions for you about how do I write a sentence correctly.

I read a book( driving Miss Daisy) and want to summarize it (short book). I summarize every page.

The whole book is a conversation. My problem is that I use too much the word "say" and do not know any alternative words or how to use them correctly. Can somebody correct my sentences or suggest a better one?

-------------------

Boolie wants to hire a chauffeur for his mother because she is old (72). His mother, however, wants to keep her independence and rejects the chauffeur her son wants to hire. She reasons/justifies it with the argument that she does not want anybody in her house

Boolie contradicts( (correct?) her mother by saying "you have Idella" who actually resides in her house. Miss Daisy justifies (another word?) it by saying "Idella is different" and that she actually comes to her three times a week. 

-----------------------

The whole conversation is like a debate. Boolie bring an argument forward, his mother oposses to that argument and so on and so forth. Which words can I use ecept "say, answer"?

• Laurie

Exclaims

Replies

States

Responds

Asks

Answers

Suggests

Claims

Declares

Tells

Discloses

Adds

Asserts

Tells

Opines

Look for a "thesaurus" for the English language on your computer. It's like a dictionary, but English has many words with meanings rather close to other words.

For example, "say" and "answer" could also mean "reply" or "respond" or "counter" or "argue", or even "write back". There are subtle shades of meaning to be learned.