Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 1 month ago

What is the climate change debate about?

Obviously, the Earth changes, considering we used to be Pangaea and we used to be covered in ice. But what is the actual core of the debate?

Paid troll? I just asked a question. Don't get your panties in a twist.

I'm a conservative.

• JimZ
    Favorite Answer

For me the core is if it we are causing very serious warming which is harmful overall to the environment.  If we are causing harm, we have to evaluate causes and solutions with rational and realist costs and benefits.  Clearly anthropogenic global warming scare mongering was started to exaggerate the potential of warming from our CO2 emissions to push a very leftists political agenda.  

• Daro
      1 month agoReport

It shud be listed under the political section instead of a separate one, sence that is what the discussion is always about.

i think nobody knows

• Cowboy

The core of the debate is whether your political party is accepting millions from the petrochemical industry - or not - and thus, whether you're willing to let millions die with your inaction.....

Environmental initiatives for climate change:

Living with simplicity

Buying Compassionately

Using economically

Learning continuously

Sharing generously

- Brahma Kumaris

Source(s): abc.brahmakumaris.org
  • Daro

"Never let a crisis go to waste" - Rom Emanuel

Have ya noticed as the central government has gotten bigger and more powerful, the "crises" have become greater and more numerous?

They have so many crises going the liberal "news" media cant run all of them all the time. It wud overflow the public. So they focus on one liberal issue for a time, showing numerous examples supposedly supporting some new or expanded government control.

*** Example "White racist cops gunning down unarmed (innocent) African dash Americans.  Showed a slew of them in sequence (no evidence of proven racism, ever) from Fergusen to NY to Baltimore ....and so on. "Solution"? Same as always "We need more Federal (central government) control.....  "over local police in that case.

Always the same "solution".

"American made Global Warming" is the natural extension of that scheme. Thats why gov. has put everything they got into pushing it, including total blackout on alternate views.

The reward for gov. is total control of the whole world.

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary." (H. L. Mencken.)

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men, even when they exercise influence and not authority....." - Lord Acton

STFU Horse. You don't know who I am you idiot.

Planet earth consists of two parts.

Part 1 water

Part 2 land

If Earth continues to lose water then humanity will be in serious trouble. Because human beings need water to survive. If earth loses all of its water then this planet will be dead, and as a result of that, so will you, and I, and everyone else. Whatever is alive will eventually die without water.

I suppose you don't understand anything about science. When ice melts then it turns into water. Water does in fact disappear just like ice, so people might start seeing the water levels drop, and I think this part is concerning.

I noticed our planet is having multiple problems, and the ice melting is just one of them. I could talk about other issues regarding what's happening, but I want to try to stay focused on your question.

I read the news. If you don't want to read it then that's your choice. What I am saying was on the news.

• Horse
      1 month agoReport

another paid troll posting anonymously.  Probably Dirac.

• ..

Carbon emissions, principally, from the modern expansive industrialisation by the use of coal and oil. There are 7.5 BILLION humans on the planet, and the number is rising.

PAID TROLL QUESTION.  NICE TRY, LOSER