Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 1 month ago

Should old people be allowed to hunt?

Since people 65 and up have so many difficulty's and troubles wouldn't it better for them not to hunt? It would keep them from hurting themselves. It would also reduce the amount of hunters who hunt so there will be less people on public land so you don't have to worry about running into someone as much.

don't see a problem with it

What's the matter, lefty?  Afraid old timers with firearms may toss a monkey wrench in your socialist plans for the country?

Fortunately, you have no authority to do anything except to display your stupidity.

I'm 70. I suppose, once the ground thaws out in the spring, I should just dig my grave and jump in. Please, child, 70 feels pretty good, and honest, I won't shoot you if I run across you in the field. Nor will anyone else, regardless of age. Unless, of course, you open your mouth and repeat this silliness. You still won't be shot, but you very well may have to drink your meals through a straw for 6-8 weeks.

I assume you are the same anonymous troll who posted the insulting question about Veterans. I'm reporting this query as well. 

• Robin

i suppose you dont want them to drive either. There experiance means that they are probably safer than you

Alaska already has this.  It's called 'Proxy Hunting'.  Next year I turn 65.  As a disabled veteran (26 years military plus 11 years volunteer Mountain and Alaskan Bush rescue) Besides the physical disability, I have a rare form of cancer.  Sure would appreciate a young wiper-snapper like you to go out in -35F to -50F next December and shoot a 450lb bull caribou for me.  You only need to gut it and get it back to the house - wife and I can take it from there.

Or you could come up in August when the weather is nicer and take one then.

I can loan you most of the equipment.  ATV's, gut wagon, firearms, etc.  If you show up in the summer to say 'hi' I can teach you how to shoot out to 300 yards.  Most shots at caribou are less than 75 yards - you need to be sure it is a bull - and both male and female caribou have big racks.  Only way to truly tell - is spot the penis sheath or witness one peeing forward (bull) and not out the backside (female).

Let me if you are 'in' and I will download the paperwork!!  Hope you gots lots of airline miles to burn - airfare to Alaska can be expensive.   

• Rick

I'll be 70 in a couple of months and still hunt.  Should anonymous internet trolls be allowed to breathe?  If they couldn't think how much extra air there would be for everyone else, asshat.

• Lv 4
      1 month agoReport

Rick. My grandpa turned 79. He has to quit Hunting in 2014 when he was 74. His Parkinson’s stopped his Hunting.

• WayneH

Such arrogance!  There are millions of older hunters who know more about hunting and conservation than you.  Probably know more about safety and techniques also.  The older hunter has put more rounds downrange than you, and is more attuned to the joys of hunting.  I take your comment, it wasn't a question, as juvenile at best, and as I said, arrogant.

You bet your stupid azz-

Old people are good at some stuff. We live in a different generation. We don’t need to hunt for fun. Fun is right in my pocket - my iPhone 11 Pro Max. Also, my MacBook is fun to. Why hunt when we have video games and iPhones for fun.