how do i find an obscure picture of a biblical demon i got off the internet many years ago?

basically in 2015, my windows xp computer crashed, i never backed up any of my data on that hard drive to my detriment, and i lost thousands of internet pictures....one picture i remember having on that computer was an old painting/ picture depicting a biblical demon with a butterfly head on it and a snarling face.....i lost that picture with the crashing of my xp hard drive...............and i'm wondering how i could refind that picture on the internet?

another problem is i cannot remember where i got that picture from, can't remember what website or whether i simply saved it from google images, i cannot remember.

so what do i do in this instance? or am i out of luck?

• Justin
    Favorite Answer

You already know:

1) It is 'Biblical,' therefore probably available from Church archives;

2) It specifically has a 'butterfly head' which sounds very rare and odd;

3) It was likely to be a painting, which narrows it even further. 

It sounds like something from Pieter Bruegel the Elder, who was a Dutch Renaissance painter famous for works like 'Fall of the Rebel Angels.' 

That painting in particular has all sorts of bizarre looking creatures depicting demons 'devolving' during and after their 'fall.'

If that isn't the right style, you can at least get an idea of the era and go from there. 

• i wasn't expecting an answer like yours, your information was very helpful and gave something to go on, a big thanks.

You can't, you loser. Hahahahaha