Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

Why do people constantly disrespect? What is the reason I never get any respect? What is any reason I constantly get mistreated?

• Teresa

If you don't stand up for yourself, they'll keep doing it.

Most people do things to either run away from pain, or run towards pleasure.  Either you disrespected them in some way and did not know it and then  did not apologize.  Or you flirted with their boyfriend or girlfriend. Or slept with their boyfriend or girlfriend. or they are jealous. You look better, care more, are smarter, or do your job better. I am older, and have a lot of experience, in life and difference jobs I have had. And I have the work ethics to always do a good job. So in a few jobs where some people do just enough work, they get mad at me, because now they have to work a little harder. They do not like that and let me know by being rude and say off handed insults.  or make fun of me when I make a mistake.  I would check your state, if it is one of the states that allow a one person knowledge tape state, you can get a pin camera, for less then $100. And wear it. If you are at work or school, and they are abusive, or cruel, you will have proof.  If it is in the public except to avoid those people, not much you can do.

There may be several reasons not obvious to you that cause others to think they are better than you, and thus entitled to disrespect you or mistreat you.  One is your self-confidence level.  If you hand your head, it is perceived as weakness and the signal for others to attack.  I discovered this one in childhood.  Another is your ability to look others in the eye and smile, and say pleasant but vague greetings, and act like you are interested in what they are saying, even if you are totally bored.  People love to talk about themselves, so being an apparent good listener, with few opinions of your own, and a lot of vague comments like "Oh, that could be," or "we'll have to wait and see" (with a nod of the head).  Another could be how quickly you are angered or offended by the things others say to badger you.  It's called "jerking your chain".  Many people enjoy riling others, pricking their price, stirring controversy.  Then they step back and smile to themselves and tell themselves how clever they are and how easily you are manipulated.  It lets them feel powerful, even while you rant and curse and act hostile toward them.  They aren't phased by your emotional outbursts, but think it's entertaining.  People are twisted, let's face it.  But you can become more respectable.  Another reason people may disrespect you is the way you dress, and how clean you keep yourself, how trimmed you keep your hair and how clean your breath is.  If you dress like a homeless person and act like you don't care if others are offended when you show up for work or a job interview in torn jeans and stained tee shirt, they won't show you respect.  They will want you to go away and not bother them.  So get started with your own social education and makeover.  Study the way business people communicate, like on TV shows.  Practice it yourself.  And be courteous.  If you want friends, a wise man once said, you must show yourself to be friendly.  So no matter if they are rude or not, act polite and kind, let them go ahead of you in line, open the door for them, say kind things to them.  They'll remember that, and feel guilty about mistreating you.

Respect is often earned and often something you give first before you get.

The illuminati. 

I've learned over the years that respect is earned. What have you done to earn respect?

• R R

What are you specifically talking about?

Surely it has nothing to do with motorcycles