Can my Dell Optiplex GX520 run Windows 10 32bit.  Intelligent responses welcomed.?

After using the appropriate method (Windows 1909 media creation tool) and burning an Windows ISO of Windows 10 1909 64bit, the reason given while upgrading Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit was, processor does not support LAHF/SAHF and PrefetchW on my Dell Optiplex GX520.  Upon online inquiry I discovered a post that claims my Computer (stated above) can run Windows 10 32bit.  My question is, if that is true, can I do an upgrade or will I have to do a clean install?  I hope this clarifies my question.

Intelligent responses welcomed.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • keerok
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
  • David
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

look in your bios settings and enable intel virtualization, this should enable LAHF/SAHF. If their isn’t an option then your computer is too old and can’t run either windows 10 32bit or 64bit 

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Assuming your computer has Pentium 4 like google suggests, it's not going to run any variety of Windows 10 because it lacks those necessary instruction sets. If it DOES manage to get it installed, it won't be a great or smooth experience.

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.