EVICTION ?

My landlord recently filed a eviction. The court date is December 26, 2019 I plan to pay my rent on December 20 she said once I pay she will dismiss the eviction and I dont have to go to the court hearing since I'm paying my rent on the December 20 before the court hearing even though My landlord recently filed a eviction. The court date is December 26, 2019 I plan to pay my rent on December 20 she said once I pay she will dismiss the eviction and I dont have to go to the court hearing since I'm paying my rent on December 20 before the court hearing even though the eviction was filed and I'm paying my rent on the 20th will it still show on tenant scanning when I look for another apartment once my lease is up.

If I were you, I would pay by CASHIER'S check only AFTER she provides a written statement that the eviction will be withdrawn upon receipt of the payment.

The FACT that eviction proceedings were filed CANNOT be changed. Anyone conducting a records search won't ask your current landlord. They will check the court records.

Yes, it will show up as an eviction filing, and through however far the eviction gets.  If the landlord dismisses the case, it will show that, but nobody can change the filing of an eviction.  Don't kid yourself about having to just pay the rent.  You will have to pay for the eviction proceedings to date as well.  Otherwise, you WILL be evicted. 

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Landlord & Tenant law experience.
  • xyzzy

Be careful. If you pay by the 20th make sure that the eviction is dropped or show up for the court date. If your landlord fails to drop the suit and you do not show up she will win the judgement by default.

Get it in writing and show up at the hearing!

Show up for court anyway; this could be a trick.

Pay on the 20th or whenever, but be there in court on the 26th with your proof of payment. I would pay in person, in cash, and get a receipt, because if you by by check, you may not have proof that the check cleared your account by the court date.

You may go for nothing, but that small amount of time is cheap insurance against the landlord telling you, "No, it's OK, if you pay, there will be no court,"  hoping you don't show and then getting a default eviction.  That probably won't happen, but could.

If the eviction is withdrawn before the court date, then eventually there will be no record, but that can take some time.

Yes, the filing will still appear.  Any reason you post everything twice?  What the landlord SAYS and what the landlord DOES could be two different things.  I would NOT miss the Court date.

• In

I STRONGLY suggest showing up for the eviction hearing with a copy of the paid receipt just in case she tries to pull something funny.

Depends if the current landlord continues with the eviction. If it does not go to court then there will be no record of it.

You better get what she told you in writing. If not, then it is the landlords word against yours. She may be telling you that just to have you pay your rent. And if you are getting evicted you have been late on your rent before, and if the apartment complex has reported you as being late then it will show up on your credit report,

• Sal*UK

There are no Courts on Boxing Day, unless they are Criminal Courts.

If your current landlord tells the truth when you are referenced for a new place, then yes - it will have an impact.

• In
      1 month agoReport

Most government orifices in the US are open on the day after X-mas this year.