Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsRunning · 1 month ago

What do you do when you start having painful leg pains?

Do you stop running to recuperate even if it means a month or longer? Or do you keep running hoping it'll go away?

After 15 years of running without any problems, I started having pain between my knee and hip in my right leg. It's a sharp pain that starts after about 2 miles of running. I stopped running uphill which stopped the pain for a week but now it's returned.

The problem I have with not running is I tend to gain a ton of weight when I stop even for a few days. But if I end up requiring surgery I wouldn't be able to run for 6 months to a year.

Stop doing what you're doing and start rubbing your leg muscles down to get thaCharlie Horse out of it

• .

See a doctor. Yes, I would stop running even if it took a month or longer to recuperate, because the damage done by running with an injury could take well over a month to recover from (and possibly cause even more damage). Pain doesn't typically just "go away" without some kind of treatment or rest.

The way to stop fat gain, is to reduce your calorie intake. There are also other activities that can be done for exercise (cycling, swimming, etc) other than running.