I have the JBL Flip 4 and downloaded Equalizer APO, and took the highest frequency band down a bit, and then down all the way for a few?

seconds, but didn't touch any of the other frequencies and didn't INCREASE any of the frequencies. Do you think I could have damaged my speakers by REDUCING the high frequency for a short time?

Favorite Answer

No, not at all from taking down the high frequency. Speakers can, however, be damaged by driving them beyond their power limit at any frequency. If your speakers are not presently damaged, you're overthinking this.

• Austin1 month agoReport

Thanks for your response. The reason I ask is because I was researching this (can't find anything about whether actually decreasing treble too much can damage your speakers) and I think I saw someone say that they wouldn't adjust the frequency more than 4db in any direction, and that made me worry.

• Tony B

No, there's no possibility at all.

There is No Possibility of causing damage that way.