God
God asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 2 months ago

What is your reason for being for or against feminism ?

I am against feminism mostly because I was sexually abused as a child by a woman. I've also been told by women it wasn't a big deal. 

Favorite Answer

I am mostly against feminism because for at least 50 years now feminism has focused on gaining policies and practices that favor females and discriminate against males.   In support of this they have painted men as evil and the root of all problems. Feminism has created a gender divide and an overly sensitive culture that obsesses over the most minor of things.  Feminism has also tried to limit due process and freedom of speech.  

Feminism in theory is fine. But feminism in practice has been a disaster. 

i love sexy ladies and i love mtf trans people

It’s isn’t a good idea but perhaps give them a Chance to make a difference and let’s shee 

The answer isn't from a binary choice.

"Common Sense" you haven't been alive the past 10 years. feminism has assumed all men are toxic, we are born racist, and that we are bad people all together. Feminists are sexist to assume this. I can't believe you named yourself common sense yet you don't have any.

Because I believe in equality and fairness for men and women ( and for different ages and different religions and different races) I must oppose any "ism" that acts ONLY for a single part of the human spectrum to the detriment of the rest.

• Andrew Smith
      1 month agoReport

To the thumbs down. What part of fighting for equality do you find offensive?

• Zirp

I'm for whatever feminism originally was.  Too many girls/women were abused, too many were kept dumb.... making them unable to get into a healthy relationship with me

"What is your reason for being for or against feminism ?"

I am for equality and not ideology like modern feminism is.  Today's feminism is more like cultural Marxist social engineering.

CLASSIC feminism, which no longer exists today, was about equality.  Interestingly, whenever a feminist of today is asked to define feminism, they always use the CLASSIC feminist definition of equality by equal Rights from YESTERDAY, and make no mention whatsoever about all the Leftist identity politics and radical feminist ideology that is now feminism TODAY.

You could say I hold the values of a classic feminist then?  And for that, I am often called an "anti-feminist", because for today's feminists, simple equality and equal Rights are no longer good enough.

THIS is why I am against feminism.  Because in it's current incarnation, feminists are NOT for equality in the true sense of the word.  They seek their equality through their dogmatic ideology which goes though a lot of mental gymnastics in order to conflate bigoted feminist actions with "gender equality".

.

• Andrew Smith

But Marxism would oppose Feminism.  "To each according to their needs" does not give any group some arbitrary political advantage over some other group.  Feminism is anti Marxism. Feminism is more like capitalism.  Get as much as you can however you can.

feminism promotes a "rape culture" of women sexually abusing men and boys