Am a 13 year old girl with 154 cm. Am I too tall?

Thank you so much. My sisters have been laughing me telling me am too tall but this has helped me alot.

• Edna

154 centimeters is equal to about 5 feet, 1 or 2 inches tall.  The average height for a 13-year-old girl is 5 feet, 1 and 3/4 inches tall.  

• .

Let's put it this way, my daughter at 13 was your height and when she finished growing she ended up at 172.72 cm

Don't plan on being a ballet dancer, maybe a flamenco dancer and/or a tap dancer. 

You will also be great as a runner/sprinter biker or even horse back riding.

Tall women look great, they turn out to be glamorous sophisticated, and have a great sense of style.

So ask your mother if it would be okay to learn how to wear make up just for at home, and promise your mother that you will remove it when you go out.

There will be a lot of other teen girls later on wishing they were you. 

In the meantime don't worry about the height, but make sure you get enough protein and calcium, because if you do go on a growth spirt you might find it a bit uncomfortable at night while trying to get some sleep... It's called growing pains where I come from.

And lastly keep in mind that looks are superficial, and there's lots in store for your future. High School, University or College. By the time your in your 20's your taste in things and choices in life will be so different than your life at 13. 

Cheers :-)

Too tall for what? Do your feet reach the floor? Can you walk into a room without your head hitting the ceiling? Then you're not "too tall". Now, I have no idea what 154 cm. is. But I can tell you that I always envied the tall girls. Most models are tall, you know. And tall girls can eat more without gaining weight. You have probably finished growing- most girls stop at puberty. Your sisters are just trying to make themselves feel better about being short. Point out to them that they'll never be able to reach the top cabinets in the kitchen. I know a short women who has to get people help her in stores all the time because the things she wants are on the upper shelves. 

OK- I looked it up 154 cm is 5 feet. That's really, really short in the US. 

We are not machines.   That is why there is such a variety in heights.  In Denmark you are short.  My friend is 7'7" which is a disadvantage as he has to duck when going through average house doorways.

You will grow until you are 18 or 19 then the bones stop growing.  Then you grow outward and fill out. So for now, eat well with lots of calcium rich foods as that is what bones need.  It is GENETICS that determines your height(more like from your grandparents on the dad's side.) Study Mendel's Pea Plant experiments.

• blank

No my young friend.  You are actually slightly below "average" height for someone your age (160cm).  

This can vary from country to country tho so don't get caught up with worrying about anything.  

Remember also:

a) girls generally get taller sooner than boys (if that is your concern).   On average - girls will be taller from 11 - 14, then the boys hit their growth spurts and shoot up and pass the girls.

b) EVERYONE is different and develops differently too.   You may grow a few cms taller and where ever you end up you will be at your "perfect" height.  Neither too tall or two short.  Even if you were 125cm or 175cm - you would be the perfect height for you - the height you were genetically meant to be.

Height, weight, skin color, etc are just physcial attributes.  Yes, they help to define who we are somewhat, but those things are NOT what makes a truly good person.  In fact your physically looks have no bearing whatsoever on the type of person you choose to be.

Develop your mind, heart, wit and sould.  Be kind to others.  Say and do only good things as much as you possibily can.   I can guarantee your ACTIONS will be noticed by others far more than your height.

Too tall for what? Of course not.

No. You have had a growth spurt before the other girls in your class/year. We all grow at different rates. You may feel rather tall for your age at the moment, but you won't once all the others catch up with you. Some will grow taller. Others won't. You aren't even average height for an adult yet. If you don't have further growth spurts you'll end up as a short woman - but you'll probably put on a few more inches in the next few years. Remember, most models are over 6ft which is taller than the average woman. It doesn't hurt them or their careers as they earn more than the average woman.

Nah, boys like it when a girl is taller. You could say “how’s the weather down there” they’d like that

• Mikey

Too tall for what?