tjb_ asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 month ago

Joining the Marines.?

I do not now what to do. i graduate from college today. I used to have cancer, and I know they do not allow people to have visible tattoos. I have a wrist tattoo and two tattoos behind my ears.

I want to join the Marines but I really think I can't...

• Jason

Hat trick. 

There are VERY few cancers that are not a DQ and the tattoos are a DQ unless removed. The combination is a total no-go. 

Yeah, previous cancer...........PDQ. 

EAR tats..........PDQ. 

but by all means.......never hurts to go talk to a recruiter, and hear them laugh. 

Quite simply...you don't know until you try......but expect the answer to be NO. 

Of course.....you can always laser the ear tats off......and get waivers and all that.........

good luck with all that. 

Talking to a Marine recruiter?

• John

A tattoo of any kind is a way for the enemy to identify you. There is laser therapy to remove tattoos.

• Bob

If you want to join the USMC, first ask yourself these questions:

Were you educated to High School level or above? If yes, the USMC may not be suitable for you.

Do you have any other career options available to you? If yes, the USMC may not be suitable for you.

Do you have a problem with shooting your colleagues and allies in so called friendly fire incidents? If yes, the USMC may not be suitable for you.

Are you unwilling to endure the derision of special forces and regular troops in other countries? If yes, the USMC may not be suitable for you.

Do you have a penchant for shouting "Hoo-rah!" at random moments? If yes, the USMC may be suitable for you.

• Kieth

The Marines won't take you. Try Air Force, talk to recruiters for both if you want, but Air Force is your best bet. The women are nicer too. Or the men, if that's your thing.

• Weasel McWeasel
      1 month agoReport

Air Force actually has the toughest standards.   You need a 50 on the Asvab in the Air Force or Navy....32 for Marines or Army.  Marines will take literally almost anyone.....but even they have standards,  as low as they are.