I'm trapped and I hate my life, my wife and my kids. Is this just life?

i made the mistake. Now my weekends are gone, my personal time is gone, my money is gone--and nothing I do is ever enough.

I would literally trade these guys for a plate of Ruby Tuesday hot wings. Fries optional. Cold beer optional. Blue cheese mandatory.

I can't live like this anymore. help

• A C

Try prayer.  I asked Jesus Christ into my life as Lord and Savior many years ago and He has helped me with all sorts of problems and blessed me a lot, as well as given me assurance of a home in heaven.  You need a new perspective on life.  Please read the New Testament for more information.  Start with the Gospel of John; then Romans.  Look for a Bible-believing church to attend.  Some of the Baptist churches are good.  Ask the pastor for counseling and prayer.   Confess all known sin to God.  Ask His forgiveness.  Ask Jesus to save you and help you with your current problems.  He is a faithful friend.  He died for your sins and rose again the third day that you might avoid hell and have a home in heaven.   Pray about everything that concerns you.  Look up Philippians 4:6-8.  

No, it's not just life. It's a sign that you haven't grown up and accepted your position in society or your responsibilities in life. My suggestion is to grow up and accept life as it is. Try to improve yourself for the sake of your wife and kids.

• Liz

On the website below are numerous articles on "marriage" with practical suggestions from the Bible that many couples have found to be helpful. Marriage is not to be entered into lightly since God intended it to last until death dissolves the marital tie. Reasons like the one you stated should have been considered before you got married. Please browse the website. 

Source(s): wol.jw.org/w75 8/15 How the Bible Can Help Your Marriage

yes bud this is life...

And what of meeting your adult responsibilities, responsibilities you volunteered for and vowed to meet? When you promised to do it, there was nothing about LIKING all of it. In fact, part of your promise was "for better or for worse." Shame on you hating on other people because marriage and parenthood aren't easy! Stop sniveling and do your duty, do it like an adult without all the teenage sullen, sulk, and surly. Jeez, you're a grown man with a kid. Act like it instead of feeling sorry for yourself. 

That's what being an adult is like.  You take responsibility for your actions.  You choose commitment to carousing around and indulging your pleasures.  You feed your kids instead of binging on hot wings and beer.  You love your wife and respect her as your equal partner, instead of spending your time flirting with waitresses and having a different girl in your bed each night.  Bye-bye bachelor life.  So learn to be a good daddy.  Teach your kids things you wish your dad had taught you.  Play ball with them.  Play dolls and tea parties with them.  They will be grown up soon enough.  Make peace with your wife.  Take them all to church, and learn the basics yourself of how to be a good husband an spiritual leader of your family.  It will be much more regarding then sitting around wishing you were somewhere else doing frivolous things.

• Carmen

The only help you need is to take a closer look at the blessings in front of you life and family because you an opportunity to say no to marriage before you said I do you also should of had a say about whether you wanted children or not don’t know what happened with any of these incidents but now you should show more maturity and let your yes mean yes no one said it would be easy all the time either roles parent and husband but be careful you don’t always get another chance at either pray for endurance strength courage wisdom patience a calm heart and peace of mind and try to enjoy your wings etc with your wife and  family even if appreciation isn’t shown or felt as expected or needed don’t give up we were forewarned their will be tribulations in a marriage. 

• Mark

So, your idea of "bliss" is hot wings with extremely fattening cheese-based (of course) dressing?  Wow, you really aim high, don't you?

Perhaps you should have thought about that before you got married and had kids.