chris asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 2 months ago

Daughter cares too much about make up!!?

So my moms daughter has school at 6:50 AM so every morning she likes waking up at 4:30 am to start doing her make up but even with 2 hours of time, she still manages to not finish on time which leads to my mom rushing her because she herself needs to be at work. It’s gotten to the point where she misses school regularly because she won’t go without makeup. What should we do?

• KatieC
    Favorite Answer

How old is she and how long has she been that way? It may just be a phase that will go away on its own. My hubby’s cousin was OBSESSED with looking absolutely perfect all the time from about 14-

15. Then she went the total opposite direction and stopped wearing any makeup at all. Not to encourage it, but it also may help to take her to a department store once and have her makeup done by a pro who can show her how to quickly do a look for everyday. I mean it may take so long because she doesn’t really know what she’s doing yet. 

Maybe it’s not such a bad thing. Makeup is an art form really, and that might be her passion. Some makeup artists do take well over an hour to create a look... so maybe she’s just really into it. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Your mom's daughter, does that mean this is YOU with this absolute asinine behavior?  I would instruct her to be ready or she goes as she is that is outrageous to be so obsesses with makeup.

• Pali831 month agoReport

maybe its her step moms daughter

I’m a makeup user myself and I do the same thing but not to that extreme. I wake up a little earlier to do my makeup however I’m also responsible about it and make sure I have enough time for myself. Just tell her to wake up earlier to give herself more time but it shouldn’t take 2 hours to put on makeup that’s extreme even for school 

ladies should wear makeup and skirt and black tights then find good males like myself.

Your mom’s daughter is your sister, right? Anyway, maybe tell her to just put the basic stuff because the other things that are put on are not going to be that noticeable unless she’s going to party or an event so why bother too much about it every day? And if they are not noticed it may be for the unpleasant reason. Tell her she looks beautiful even without or with little make up. The takeaway is “less is more”. Fake eyelashes, contouring, winged eye, etc look so unnatural and only appropriate for events, photoshoots, movies, TV shows or interviews but not for going to school. Just my two cents. 

Sounds normal nothing to worry about.

I was like that, it’s a phase

You really can't do much.  You could try to talk to. your sister about why she feels this need -- it's mostly insecurity.  

Your mother, as the adult, can do several things:

1.  Toss the makeup and tell the young lady she's lost the privilege of wearing makeup until she's an adult on her own.

2.  Get her into therapy.  Someone that out of sync with reality probably needs counseling. Lots of people are insecure about how they look, but they don't spend 2+ hours putting on makeup for school.

3.  Let her reap the natural consequences of her choices.  Let her fail or get expelled from school.  Stop trying to make up for her  tardiness.  If the can leaves the house at  7 AM, the car leaves with or without her. No calling in for her.  If she wants to be a drop out, let her. 

• Liz

Perhaps you can send the make up to school with your daughter. Many girls who carry a purse have some make up inside. LOL It's not that important on the long scale. This article might interest you.

Source(s): wol.jw.org/g16 No.4 Physical Beauty
    • chris2 months agoReport

Funny thing is she already takes her make up to school. Even though we tell her she looks the same without make up she still feels insecure. She’s too scared to let people see her without it. Thanks for the article btw

spank her hard - trust me. this is time for tough love (hitting)

• chris2 months agoReport

Lol I’m her older brother and I remember getting spanked HARRDD as a kid but as my mom had more kids she got more sensitive to spanking and she RARELYYY ever does it. It worked for me but I’m a guy so idk if it’ll work on my sister who’s in high school.