Jennifer asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

Dogs fur keeps falling out?

My Great Dane mix hair has been falling out for about 2 years. We’ve had allergy test, thyroid tests, changed his food. Nothing is working. There are bald spots all over him. Any ideas? She 

Sorry but that is not enough information.  WHAT allergy tests were run & what things or foods were ruled out (by testing) as a cause?  Have you spoken to the dog's breeder to see if s/he has any other affected dogs and/or help or advice?

What food & treats was the dog on when it started, and what food & treats is the dog on RIGHT now?

How many veterinary opinions have you gotten (you need 2-3) and/or have you seen or been referred to a dermatology or allergy specialist or a Veterinary school?  A stumped vet needs to REFER you - if he cannot FIX the dog!!

Yes, put him on at least a quarter of his daily intake as raw food. It's simple as raw ground turkey or chicken. The natural fats in that can vastly help his skin surface.

Four years ago bald spots started to appear all over my dog, the vet said it was an allergy. She was treated for the allergy for two years, but her bald spots started to turn into sores, then open wounds. We rushed her to another vet who said Lucy (that's her in my buddy icon) had skin cancer and put her to sleep on the spot. Never take the word of just one vet, get a second opinion, even a third. I wish to God I had.

I hope your dog will soon be fit and well.

Has your vet done a skin scrape, to rule out mange?

Use A Humidifier. One of the most common problems with dog hair loss is dry skin & hair. 

https://miraclevet.com/blogs/news/7-home-remedies-...

Take him to the vet

• Vicky G

Who do you think did all the tests.