Why do husband spy on their wife's email,chats and conversations ? Do they have any hidden motives?

Can we inform the police ?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

If that is actually happening, either the husband may actually be guilty of what he suspects his wife of ( projection in psychological terms), is extremely insecure or the wife has given him a reason to suspect she is doing something wrong without him knowing exactly what it is. The foundation of a stable marriage is trust. If that trust is not there or has been broken in some way the marriage is very likely to fail. That is a fact.

• ...Show all comments
    • David B.
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Kittyy. I am well aware of that which is why the very first sentence that I wrote addresses it. The possibility of the wife cheating was the last thing I listed and I only implied it.  You are being defensive for no reason.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

They don't trust their wife.

• KTJoe
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Wife may have a secret life since there's a need for intrusion action. No secrets in a marriage spouse can read "anything" a spouse owns, lay everything out for husband to see and read.

• Kittyy1 month agoReport

Husband can also have a secret life, who knows???? May be he is spying to know weather wife got to know about his secrets...

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Normal husbands don't. But when guys do this their motives aren't "hidden" at all. They're jealous, controlling and see their wives as their own property. They also don't trust the person they're with...which begs the question 'why did they marry her in the first place?'.

Agree , they should not marry or be the one they don't trust

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

MINE HAS NEVER DONE THAT. THE POLICE CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT

• RP
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

This is an issue of trust and honesty. If one expects privacy, but it is violated and s/he is not able to resolve this amicably, it should be cause for divorce. Both husbands and wives are subject to having their privacy breached and the reason is typically a sense of suspicion along with insecurity by the partner who snoops or spies.

• i + i
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Most husbands do no do this. For those that do, the reasons why would depend on the husband. Some are just curious, some are paranoid, and yes (a very few) have "hidden motives". Informing the police would likely not do you any good, unless there is more to this story than you are telling us.

Story is only this much as much as I know... I need to find out more about the guy's past marriage etc to know more. May be by hiring a secret investigator private.

• 1 month ago

Insecurities would be a reason, as would suspicion of you cheating. The police would never get involved, because no crime has been committed. This is a private issue that you need to discuss with your husband, or just end the marriage if you're that unhappy.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.