If you could rewind entire human history what will be the same?

If you could redo our human history would we eventually have things like the automobile as we know it? Would we have Walmart? Amazon? The song frosty the snowman? Or would everything be completely different?

I think it is safe to bet that everything would be completely different.

Lots of random stuff went into making the world the mess it is now. For example: Maybe Richthofen would have survived WW1 and led Nazi Germany to victory in WW2. How would that have worked out?

• CRR

It would probably follow a similar path but particulars would be different. It's possible that if the pneumatic tyre had been invented before the steam engine we might never have had railways.

However it is likely that mankind would still have disobeyed God leading to the Fall, and consequent need for redemption through a Saviour.

• Robert2 months agoReport

I wish I could delete answers when they bring up the bullshit farce called religion.

Very likely NO. This is where chaos theory and butterfly effects and the randomness of quantum mechanics come into play. History gets rewritten all the time. Sometimes that rewriting is intentional, sometimes natural disasters and geological , erosion or burial is natural. What sequence of events in JFK's and Lee Harvey Oswald's lives determined that Oswald would assassinate JFK in Dallas. JFK might have been killed in combat in We 2 and never have been elected President in 1960. Eisenhower was inaugurated the first time 6 weeks before I was born. Stalin died the day before I was born. The USA was withdrawing from Korea in early 1953. My father and mother may never have met at a Washington University in St. Louis biology department picnic the summer of 1946/ or gotten married in October 2950, or I might not have been conceived or born.  

What if Reagan had not been elected in 1980 or the Penn Squate Bank in Oklahoma City had not declared bankruptcy on July 2, 1982 triggering deregulations that made remembers like Esso/Exxon and Mobil possible, Enron possible. Amazon. might not exist. Ths dot.com crash in the 1990s might not have happened. No ABell Telephone and At&T might not have been split up, Verizon, which exists because of the split up of Atlantic AT&T might not exist. 

The influence of science fiction on our culture is overwhelming. Jeff Bezis, the CEO of Amazon, is younger than I am. He is somewhat obsessed with Star Trek TNG, the Next Generation. Captain Jean Luck Picard. That he started off with taking on bookstores like Barbes & Noble, Walden's, B.Dalton's and publishers yo control information output is NOT coincidental. Big Business has become Big Brother. Big Business is pretty cozy with. The Federal goverment. Eisenhower warned us about the military industrial complex. What about Military infirmatio. Govement complex?  IBM now has 6 year high schools that Train future employees and pay for 2 years of college with a job with IBM . They provide day care, preschool,  and health insurance. IBM can control someone's life from  cradle to grave. Amazon may be doing something similar.  THAT is potentially scary. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butterfly_effect.   

• ?

Stuff would be generally the same, but the specifics could change. Like, huge chain mega stores and websites that sell everything would develop somehow because theyre extremely useful, but they might not be called amazon and walmart.