Is it true that women prefer to date men who can 'put them in their place?'?

So I was talking to some of my female friends and several of them were saying how they don't like to date 'weak men.' They don't want to be with a man who doesn't have strong opinions or will let them win any argument.

One of my female friends said she likes it when a man puts her in check when necessary.

Is this true, ladies?

Favorite Answer

This is true for a lot of women, but certainly not every woman. Its also one of the reasons women like bad boys. Submissive women enjoy being put in their place.

It is true that most women prefer men who are confident and strong willed, probably because those qualities promote success in the workplace, making them better providers to support a thriving family. It's possible to have those traits without being emotionally abusive, although it's evident that some men go to far, and that some women stick around when they do. 

That’s the truth.