My toddler is scared to throw up? What should i do?

So my toddler recently has the bad case of the stomach bug and he wakes up in the middle of the night squealing and crying about “im about to throw up” and then when i tale him to the bathroom to throw up he says hes scared to throw up but he feelings it coming. What should i do? At this point he is terrified  (And yes i did call a doctor)

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

It's normal for him to feel that way, just try to reassure him and calm him down.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

It's completely normal for kids to be scared to throw up because they may not understand why it's happening. Just explain to him that throwing up is just a part of our bodies digestion cycle and that It's not something to be ashamed of. However you probably should cut him down on things like sweets because this can make him very sick if he's eating too many of them.

• PAMELA
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Tell him he will feel better if he throws up, i would bring a bowl to him, not make him go to the toilet.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Very normal reaction.  Don't overthink it.

You need to stay as calm as you can and just try to help them understand that it is okay and assure them that they will feel better after it is over.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

You over react when she throws up and she's learned to act this way due to you. Stop coddling him and stop over reacting, if you stop giving him attention for his  behavior then he will stop 

• 1 month ago

I've never seen a toddler yet who liked to throw up......

• 1 month ago

Most toddlers are scared to throw up.  It's extremely unpleasant, it hurts, and it smells awful.  He can't stop himself from doing it though.  If his stomach is rejecting the contents, he'll throw up. 

Obviously you can soothe him through it, stay by him, talk calmly to him, etc.

• Vivian1 month agoReport

Hi and thank you for your advice😃

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Stick your finger down his throat 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.