patty
Lv 5
patty asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

why do guys not want to get their male dogs desexed?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

I take it you mean why male dog owners are reluctant to get a male dog castrated.

From what I've learned, it's because they associate having their dog castrated with having their own man parts removed, which they don't like the idea of.

There are other reasons why people sometimes are reluctant to have a dog neutered, because they think:-

- it's cruel to the dog (when it's not)

- a female dog needs to have their first heat cycle, or have a litter of puppies first before being spayed, although there's no medical reason why

- that it changes the dog's temperament and behavior. This is true to some extent, although it's typically for the better and not the worse since it reduced humping behavior and prevents territory marking with urine.

- they will become fat as a result (since the drive to mate to some extent does burn up some of the food they eat). However, neutering doesn't make a dog fat. Feeding the dog more than they're burning up is what makes them fat.

- that a male dog needs to mate or sire a litter of puppies first before they're castrated, although there's no medical reason why that's necessary.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Perhaps the guys you know educate themselves more than the gals you know do.  Therefore, they know the many, many reasons males should not be neutered.  If you really had a legitimate question, you'd ask these hypothetical guys.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Probably asking "guys" that question would provide some answers.  This has not been my experience.

• 1 month ago

Haven't heard that one.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

They view it as them (the human male) losing their testicles.

• geezer
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

What do you mean by ''de-sexed'' ?

A castrated male dog is still male.

They don't take the penis away !

• Jojo
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Best to ask the `Guys` involved.

• Lee
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

I’ve never heard of that phenomenon. Perhaps it’s the company you keep.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.