Can I Befriend a wolf?

I know that I can't tame one by any means, but if I ever met a wolf, I'd like to become friends with it (or them) I know a lone wolf is more dangerous than a pack would be, and I know not to try to act like an alpha (I should actually behave more like an omega) and although I have pretty much all I need to know if I encounter a wolf that seems like a threat, (for example, don't run as the wolf is much faster and has better stamina) I don't know as much as I'd like to if I come across a wolf that doesn't want to harm me..if you have ever had an experience where you encountered a wolf in the wild, I would love to hear the story as well! (I'm a curious bean (: )

Interfering with native wildlife is illegal.

• Cogito

What the heck is a 'curious bean'?  

But the answer is no - that only happens in stories.  It's a lovely idea, and I love wolves too.  The only people who really get close to wild wolves are a few naturalists who spend years gradually getting close to a pack so that they get used to human presence.   What you describe is a very woolly theory based on a tiny amount of information.  Wolves stay away from humans in real life - unless they're starving, in which case they'd probably eat you.

Can you befriend one? Maybe.

But the chances are *overwhelmingly* against it.

All wild and even most captive wolves will run and hide from humans, unless they’re starving or have rabies. The latter types definitely don’t want to make friends.

All wild and most captive wolves will also become aggressive and will probably attack you if they feel trapped and unable to hide or escape.

A vanishingly tiny number of wolves who have had the chance to become familiar with you and your daily habits may learn a wary tolerance of you and a willingness to approach humans to scavenge for food. But that’s just opportunism by them and is not any kind of friendship.

Your only realistic chances are to raise orphaned wolf cubs from a no more than a very few weeks old, and even then they are highly likely to turn against you as soon as they reach puberty unless you are an expert animal behaviourist specialising in wolves.

It's easy to tame a wolf in Minecraft 😁