Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 month ago

Please help me I'm so scared! ?

I feel so weak and shaky and my breathing is shallow and I keep worrying that my heart is going to give out. My parents think I'm fine and my doctor must do to because my blood test results won't come back until next week! But for a month now. I've been 

•feeling depressed 

•vomited for a day 

•slept more often  

•had anxiety attacks 

•felt dizzy, lightheaded and nauseous 

•scared I'll black out 

•fatigue and weakness 

•scared I'll die 

I now feel very weak, sick, shaking and hot flushes. Am I dying? I don't feel like walking, just sitting down. I've had some orange juice and a banana but if I feel like I relax I will slip away. What if I die before I get my blood tests back?! I already type this with shaking hands. How long does it take for terminal illness to fully take effect? I'm not in pain but I feel really faint and I'm shaking please please help. The doctor spoke to me and I'm still worried. I didn't sleep the whole night. How would I know if I was dying?  

These are panic attacks.  I know this disease well, because I had it when I was in my late teens/early 20's and it is hell on earth.  I can tell you what finally helped me, because it was an amazing transformation.   I didn't need therapy, because this is a brain chemistry problem, not a mental one.  But my doc prescribed pediatric doses of an older antidepressant called Tofranil (imiprimine).  It sounds insane, but within a couple weeks of  starting to take these, the attacks started going away.   I stayed on it for about 8 months and then stopped.  Haven't had one since (15 years).  You need to mention this to your doc, because you don't want anti anxiety meds, especially ones that can be addictive.  Panic disorder has nothing to do with anxiety. The pill I took didn't make me feel any different at all, which is what you want.  It just made these attacks go away.

• audrey

You're having panic attacks, I think. They are not fun, I have had them occasionally. You're NOT gonna die, though.