Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

What's wrong with hoarding if its well organized?

I'm of limited money and living arrangements- but, if I didn't have those issues I would collect just about EVERYTHING. Everything that's paper, books, momentos, personal writings, etc, not anything like food that could rot. All organized in boxes, and on shelves.

So, no issues right?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Mzm
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

No real issues so long as it doesn't take up too much space, i used to do the same thing when i was younger actually - like way back from a kid, to a teenager, up to my early 20's (26 now so not that much older though haha) 

but yeah i'd keep/collect just about everything -  movie tickets i saw in cinemas, flight boarding passes and maps, brochures to places i went, public transport tickets, letters/birthday cards, calendars, notebooks, etc, etc,etc....all organised, but really the last few years i just sort of just flipped a switch and just decided i didn't really want to keep most of it, so iv'e been just gradually shredding/disposing of most of it......i mean i still keep the odd cool ticket like the first ever pro wrestling show i went to, or the show i saw in japan, or the pass i got working for the city, but otherwise 90% of the completely random stuff i collected i pretty much just threw out without any regrets lol, i mean for some reason i kept heaps of random scraps of paper for 10+ years just cause i liked a picture or little drawing/scribble/ doodle i did on them haha...most of them i'd just forgotten all about and had them in a drawer somewhere lol 

but yeah, so long as its organised, no issues, completely up to you though! :P :)

• Login to reply the answers
  • CAB
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It's still basically a bunch of crap.

• 2 months ago

Hoard away...What would your ultimate reason be?

Are you going to use all the things you hoard for research, further studies, or for personal satisfaction?

It may eventually overwhelm you, but its a choice you may make.

Merry Christmas to you.

• Lee
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Well, there is a thin line between hoarding and collecting, TBH. I think the difference lies in how much mental distress you would be in if you were forced to discard them. If you enjoy collecting, but not obsessive to the point where you can't control yourself, then it's really no problem at all.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.