Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Do Mayors and local authorities in the US and UK have a term limit, for example, 2 terms in a row? Because it was introduced in Poland ?

Because in my country Poland, the ruling PIS government introduced it.

The idea is that as in the US and several other countries, our president has a limit of two terms of life.

Jaroslaw Kaczynski, who every Pole knows is a closed gay xD and head of the conservative Law and Justice party because he is the one who deals the cards in Polish politics and not President Andrzej Duda or Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki, passed through our parliament a new act on local government introducing limit, a maximum of two successive terms (but not per life like in President of country )  for city presidents (mayors). It was about limiting the abuse of power, and really it was about getting rid of mayors disliked by the PIS, such as the previous mayor of Warsaw or my home city of Wroclaw Rafał Dutkiewicz, associated with the Civic Platform (politically they are similar to the British Labor Party or the American Democratic Party.

Although in some cities the mayor of PIS also had to leaveSome accuse PIS of breaking the Polish constitution principle that the law should not have retroactive effect, but they did it anyway :-)I was going to vote for a candidate from PIS, but by the way, they passed this law, I was pissed off and voted for an independent candidate who did not win, and the candidate associated with the liberal Civic Platform became the new president of the city

Favorite Answer

Some cities and states in the U.S. have term limits for mayors and state governors.

• Mike W

There are a lot of cities in the U.S. and each one has its own rules  as to the term length, powers, and duties of its mayor, if they even have a mayor.   

• Clive

I cannot speak for the USA, but in the UK, no.

so you're from Europe is what you saying. 

Get lost, creep!!!! Yahoo is based in Sunnyvale, California

which makes it an American-forum. Foreigners are NOT 

welcome here. 

There's the door ----->