ava asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

What do I do if truancy officer is going after my family despite doctors notes?

I’ve been out of school for almost 2 months due to severe pertussis (yes, i’m vaccinated) i have severe asthma so they assumed it was just an asthma flare up at first, i wasn’t diagnosed until 2 weeks into the illness. my school has been given all of the medial documentation, request for a tutors and i’ve been keeping up as best i can. the truancy officer is insisting i need to be in school and that i’m not sick, she’s threatened to arrest me ???? (i’m 15) i’ve gone to the hospital, i’ve been to the doctors a ton and i’m still having coughing fits until i’m vomiting multiple times a day. what does my family do at this point?

Update:

I have severe asthma, which is why this has been so hard to recover from 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Your family should probably go talk to the distinct Superintendent and it they can't resolve it that way should get a lawyer.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Your parents write a letter to the school district, sent by certified mail with proof of delivery. Put them on notice that they have been given all of the medical documentation, and that if the truant officer continues to harass you, a lawsuit will be filed against the school district.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Let your parents handle this.  They should be discussing this with the school and truancy officer.

• 2 months ago

What do your parents have to say?  It's their responsibility to get you a tutor.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Let them come and then get their pants sued off.

• JJ
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Home schooling.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.