Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 1 month ago

Do you wear socks with your Ugg boots?

I was having a debate we a coworker on if you should wear socks with Uggs. I never wear socks with mine and have been wearing Uggs for nearly 15 years. She is new to wearing them and does wear socks and says they will smell if you don't. I know that's not true because none of my pairs have ever smelled.

Wearing them without is recommend by Ugg they used to come with a card in the box saying so and still say so on their website. They won't smell because they are made from sheepskin which regulates body temp when against skin so your feet stay the perfect temp and don't sweat from -30 to 80 its how sheep don't overheat and how you can wear Uggs in the summer without overheating. it is also moisture wicking, breathable and antimicrobial so they wont smell ever if your feet do sweat inside. I know it works because my feet don't sweat in them and mine don't smell. Also none of my friends pairs during that time smelled.

Every girl with a pair of Uggs in my school at least used to know this stuff and wear theirs without socks we used to make sure when girls got their first pair that they knew. But I think this knowledge was lost so more people are wearing theirs with. I remember when I got my first pair and read the card that said no socks and I slipped them on without and the soft fur felt so nice I never even wanted to try socks.

I am sure there are people that think I am crazy right now. What do you think?

• LM440
    Favorite Answer

Forget the socks.  Wearing socks only makes the foot warmer and therefore more perspiration.  Most boots are warm enough to be worn without socks even in the coldest of weather.  Also, the lack of socks makes putting them on and off easier.

• Emily1 month agoReport

I hate socks so I go without sometimes with non Ugg boots but without the fur inside my feet tend to rub and be uncomfy.

You can do whatever you like

Ewww sweaty *** feet 

• Emily1 month agoReport

Trust me your feet won't get sweaty or smell in Uggs without socks. Other shoes will smell but Uggs won't

You can do whatever you like. There's no rules.

I agree with you, that the Uggs are meant to be worn without socks and if the card says that socks are not needed, then it shouldn't be a problem.  I am a male, and I see quite a few people wearing Uggs barefoot.  If there are Uggs available for men, then I would wear them since I hate wearing socks. 

• Pauly W
      1 month agoReport

Hey Thanks!  Maybe this is something I can look into. I assume those Uggs can keep your feet toasty warm

• Kaz

I always wear socks with any boots.

• kristy

Yes, not wearing socks wouldn’t be very comfortable

• Emily1 month agoReport

Have you tried without socks with Uggs? If you haven't you should. the fur inside makes it more comfy than wearing fuzzy socks.