Received two checks for work in the same pay period both with -$30 for spc stop pay is that legal?

I worked two days back in September then had to quit. My boss sent the checks to the wrong address. After months of getting the run around I was finally given my paychecks. One check for each day worked and each with a deduction of $30 for spc stop pay. Both days I worked were in the same pay period. 

I informed my employer of the change of address before the checks were sent back in September. Also why would he give me two checks instead on just one. I was charged a total of 60$ for stop pay because he split the check into two. Both the days I worked were in the same payperiod

They apparently thought that a check that was presumably mailed to you was lost. In that case one stops payment on that check and writes another check. If something like that never happened they are apparently under the impression that it did happen. They are passing the stop payment fee to their bank on to you. You may need to talk to them to determine exactly what they think happened.

I'm afraid that's probably legal. Because they didn't have your correct address, they had to put a stop on the checks they issued. If the checks were not sent to any address you had ever given them, then you might be able to complain. But I don't think you're going to get that money back. It cost them money to find and hire someone to replace you. 

• Sam1 month agoReport

I had informed them of my change of address before the checks were sent back in september

Yes that is legal. As long as you got your money that you were owed.