Can a real estate agent market themselves "Mark Smith Realty" if they work under another company? (NOT a broker)?

Can a real estate agent who has a Salesperson License and works for a big company (Keller Williams) market themselves as a 'Realty' using their name, like "Mark Smith Realty" (with logos and all). I have only seen top agents use 'Team' or 'Group' when they are part of a big company. So, I am wondering if 'Realty' is even allowed because it DOES sound like a company name and not a group name.  The agent I see doing this puts the "Mark Smith Realty" logo along with the Keller Williams logo on everything. To me it's confusing.    THANKS!

Team advertising is a focus for regulators because regulators believe that teams do not always identify the brokerage that they are associated with and give consumers the impression that the team is a brokerage firm. To address the issue, some states have used existing license laws to regulate teams, but many states are now enhancing these laws to assure the broker’s name is prominently displayed in all advertisements. For example, four states – Michigan, Nebraska, Tennessee, and Texas – all recently issued rules that require licensee advertising to include the broker name. Likewise, the Rhode Island Department of Business Regulation issued a notice reminding licensees that advertising must include the broker name. Other rules will specify where and how the brokerage’s information must be displayed in the ad, with some even specifying font sizes. Some states have also created rules for advertisements placed on social media how the ad needs to link the brokerage’s information. Since not following the advertising rules will be the easiest violation for regulators to discover, making sure teams within your brokerage comply with state advertising regulations is an important contribution the broker can make to the team.

The answer is yes. Keller Williams is more than just a company. It is a company that issues franchises. The franchisee pays Keller Williams for the use of the name and the advertising exposure.

This is nothing new. Keller Williams is one of the newer players on the national scene. When I got started in the business almost 35 years ago, Century 21 was one of the big national names and in my town there had to be at least a dozen different brokerages under their banner - got my start with one but didn't stay long because they didn't give me the training that was promised.  ERA was another. Gallery of Homes was another and older, but one company in town had the market to themselves and locals who had never been anywhere else thought Gallery of Homes and the local company were one and the same.  Before I exited the business in the mid '90s, ReMax was starting to take over and many successful agents under other brokers/franchises went out on their own with the ReMax office concept. I don't know if there is a single C-21 office here anymore.