Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

How does someone walk in a conceited manner?

Hello! People often don’t like me during their first impression of me because they say I walk like I’m full of myself. I am not really sure by what they mean? What’s a thorough explanation of body language when someone comes off as conceited when the walk? After people meet me personally, they tend to say things like, “wow! You’re so nice! I thought you were stuck up, conceited, arrogant, rude, full of yourself.. etc.” Is there a way I can stop myself from walking in a conceited manner? I always thought I walked like a normal person. I also do have a resting ***** face if that helps understand why people perceive me in that manner. Anyways, thank you for any answers! Xo 

• "Resting ***** face" is basically how the features of your skull and the attachments of your facial muscles formed.

If you think of it psychologically from another perspective...

People on tv are told make the audience feel familiar with you... Smile, show emotion in your actions etc. So in real life women are especially expected to be smiling all the time. And we've all become conditioned into thinking that the natural look of someone's face is their emotional expression... Thanks to idiots on tv.

I used to have a pretty boy face like Leonardo DiCaprio. And when I went out with my friends I was fine until I would separate from them to go to the bar or the toilet and suddenly I would be getting threatened by men in the 40's because they hated I had a pretty boy face. 

All because I had a pretty boy face... Mental!

People are stupid!

The best thing I can think of is ask someone you trust to film you walking down the street or somewhere you can relax and walk naturally. Then watch how you walk and see what movements you are emphasising.

Like your face, your walk will be based on your bodies make up and you'll favour certain movements like you might swing your shoulders, kick your legs out etc...

But you'll need to analyse that yourself.