Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

My wife scheduled plastic surgery without me knowing ?

So my wife (we’ve been married for 3 years, together for 8) decided to spring on me today that she went to go see a plastic surgeon while I was at work and that she’s getting a boob job. This is the first time I’m ever even hearing about her wanting plastic surgery. I begged her to simply talk about it first but she said she had scheduled the surgery today along with a 500$ non refundable schedule fee. 

Personally I just don’t understand, I’m frustrated and hurt that she didn’t come to me first. I also don’t understand who she’s trying to impress when she has a husband who loves everything about her. I don’t like fake looking woman and the fact that my wife is 22 years old and getting plastic surgery just makes me wonder why. 

It’s also very unsettling she’s willing to blow thousands of dollars on appearance when we just bought a house.. 

It really hurts me because I feel like if she’s this insecure, clearly I’m not doing a very good job as a man or husband. 

Wow I'd want to know if she considered long term health risks.

I'd come clean with how you feel.

I don't think it's the fact that ou're not doing a good job as a husband or a man, it's actually a situation where you married a woman/girl who was and is irresponsible and insecure. If I were you I'd try to get her some help.

She is getting the surgery not for you. She is intending to monkey branch and use her time with you to help her pay, or have you pay. This is why she didn’t consult you. The only reason she says something now is that she can’t hide the money or a pair of new knockers. 

Stop being the cuckold fool and divorce her. She is not going to stay. She is just going to stick around long enough to get what she needs before she finds some new guy, or even has one on the hook. Most modern women do, and we call them Beta Male Orbiters. Most guys are dummies until they learn the way. Their single mothers and dumb dads didn’t really warn them what women really do and why...

Start learning about hypergamy, and true female nature. Your wife took a step by marrying you and she is by nature being a nest builder looking for the next higher step that will make her feel better. The fake boobs is that next endeavor to get the next better guy. I know you don’t believe. That you think is just being her or whatever. She has all ready made that decision is actually left the marriage. You probably have less than a year and she will tell you anything you want to hear. 

Source(s): MGTOW
  • Foofa

It's not your job to singlehandedly make her feel good about herself. This is the act of the petulant child who wasn't ready to be married. She's not a team player and no one would blame you for ending the marriage over this.

It's very unsettling. And good surgeons are busy. One doesn't go for a consultation, make the surgical date, and then get the surgery a week or so later. Good surgeons are busy. They also give their patients time and space to rethink and discuss and contemplate and learn more about the ramifications. If she went to a plastic surgeon she could get a quick consultation and then a quick surgery with... beg her to get a second opinion! And marriage counseling. She's clearly not thinking along the "we", "us" line of life planning!

This is not good and I wouldn't blame you for being upset and even ending this marriage. She had no right going behind your back. The reasons could be varied and she might feel that you don't find her attractive enough for some reason. One thing for sure though, she will start attracting a lot more male attention if she follows thru with this.

• David

I would file for divorce in that situation.  She is being very disrespectful.  Men have strong opinions about boobs, as far as size and shape go.  Most like them big, but not all do.  For the most part, women who have boob jobs go from very, very sexy to ....ugly.  Yeah, that may be harsh, but it's the truth.  Give me natural b-cups over un-natural DD's anyday...

I've seen thousands of before and after pictures of women who had breast enhancement surgery.  The "BEFORE" picture is always ALWAYS looking at least 100% better than the after picture.If she's willing to radically change her appearance (with SURGERY, even) and she doesn't care about your opinion?  Wow.  If she was your girlfriend, I'd be tell you to dump her.  It's too bad that you're married now because you will have to dump her anyway.The other problem is, now that you are married, you are partners.  Any significant financial decision must be a JOINT decision.  For something that requires a $500 deposit?  You need your husband's permission before you even think about doing that.If she's so determined to assert her independence, then let her have her independence.  She's not your wife anymore.

She is doing it because she is going to look for someone else. Women do this to attract men. She tried to hide this from you because she knew you wouldn't approve of the surgery.

I have a hard time believing any of this because the truth is, married couples almost always discuss huge expenses. Unless her daddy is paying for it?

• I care

There are a few negatives in this story.  First your young wife should never make appointments such as this without talking over with you.  

Age 22 yrs.  is too young for such as this.  Have her look on line the women and men who begin just as she suggest...…..such awful pictures from those surgeries.

Appointments can be canceled and insist on it...…..and after COMMUNICATE big time why she even came up with this request?