Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationBoard Games · 1 month ago

how do i make my oppenents stupid at chess so i can very easily win?

im afraid to play chess because my friends told me that you have to be an autistic retard with down syndrome to not win at chess. 

You and your friends are retarded, that's why the game is too much for you. I suggest a game where you go into a bar and punch the biggest drunk in the face, don't worry about tactics or mental analysis of your opponent you'll be unconscious long before the penny drops.

Try playing "Alcohol Chess" (aka "Drinking Chess").

Each piece is a shot-glass which must be drunk by the player who captures it. Pawns have the smallest amount of alcohol per glass, higher value pieces have more alcohol. Sacrificing your Queen can incapacitate your opponent.

It helps if you are more familiar with alcohol than your opponent.

WARNING: This game can be bad for your health.

All oppenents are stupid.

Play both sides.  You won't find a dumber opponent.

Let me be very blunt here...

YOU DON'T!  Your "friend" (if you would call them one, which that offensive comment against people who have Autism and / or Down Syndrome) is completely in the wrong, as it's possible for NEITHER player to win a game.

When playing online, your skill rating will help determine the likelihood of winning & many matchmaking systems (opposed to directly challenging players).  If you're just starting, your skill rating will be provisional & will not be that accurate for you (or your opponent) until you have around 20 games under your belt.  HOWEVER, with chess servers using a more modern rating system with a "Ratings Deviation" (RD) mechanic, which is considered a "margin of error" with your current rating (so a rating of 1200 RD 300 is considered 1200 ±300 or between 900 - 1500), players with a RD under 80 is considered their "permanent rating".

You could challenge players UNDER your rating to give you the best chance of success, but this can be a bit underwhelming for you as you won't gain that many skill points for winning.  HOWEVER, your rating can seriously tank if you lose to a player with a greatly lower rating (being 400 points or more) when in provisionals.

During the time when I was an active member of the US Chess Federation (I've let my membership lapsed), my skill rating was around 950...  which I will admit is fairly bad, but the range of players I went up against (typically in tournament play) was greatly varied from Jr. High students (which one DID managed to get me with the Scholar's Mate) to a young grandmaster (somebody rated around 2400 & they were willing to take a handicap).  If I was concerned about losing so much, I probably wouldn't have joined a Chess Club for a few years (I only left as due to moving to different town).  Each loss was just another learning opportunity (figuring out what I did wrong) so I could better myself for the next match.  I was taught some of the endgame strategies, so I could avoid getting into a stalemate with an opponent (or force them into one, if I was losing) & some opening moves.

The only person who's "Stupid" is your arrogant "friend" who's more likely afraid of losing some somebody who they believe is "below them" for whatever foolish reason they claim.  If you like the game, go ahead & play it regardless what the results of the game may be.  You'll never figure out how you compare to others if you don't try.