Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsMartial Arts · 1 month ago

Is it very important for me as a man to learn how to fight? And it is important for me to learn how to defend myself or no?

To tell all of you the full truth I want to take a self defense class. The reason why I want to learn how to defend myself is to keep me from being bullied and physically hurt a bully has no gender anybody and anyone can be a bully the reason why I want to learn how to protect myself because as a man it is very important for me to learn how to defend myself so I will not have to fight. I am taking a Brazilian jiu jitsu class and a wing chun class to learn how to defend myself and to build self confidence as well. I do not want to be this overly-sensitive weak person anymore. I need to toughen up and start developing some thick skin and I believe that Brazilian jiu jitsu and wing chun can and will help me with that💪💯

Asked by the same guy who asked if it’s ok to be a virgin forever. Doesn’t sound like you’ll have much choice about that fella.

I suggest you  attending in kickboxing class. Most kickboxing moves are repetitive and in high-speed. Speed punches, along with power punches and consecutive leg kicks, increase muscle endurance. You perform these movements for 2-3 minutes and the muscle has no time to recover.   While it is better to have a kickboxing background, there is no reason to worry. Men and women with different backgrounds practice the sport. The key to your success is moving at your own pace and paying attention to your body.For more information about kickboxing, visit https://quadfitclub.com

• Bon

Darren is troll. He has posted the same kinds of question all over Y/A.  It all starts with , "To tell all of you the full truth blah blah blah".

• Bill

The only reason to fight (with one exception) is you get paid for it.  It's not be a man, prove your not a sissy etc - they are unimportant   Real self worth comes from inside. If you are threatened etc then do everything you can to avoid it - run way - try not going to dangerous areas, try to talk your way out, anything you can to avoid the fight. If, and only if, that fails do you fight, then try to get away as soon as possible. So why study martial arts? Well, like I said self worth comes from inside - a calm and confidence you get from understanding yourself.  Martial Arts helps by developing inner confidence, poise, discipline, health, fitness, and many other benefits. That's the real reason to do it. You can do internet searches on various styles and talk to teachers etc to find one that suits you and your goals.

I personally studied Tai Chi before my arthritis got the better of me and could not do it anymore. You may think its a load of bollocks after that fight between an MMA fighter and supposed Tai Chi master who got pummeled. Take my word for it the Ta Chi master was a fraud. A real master would not be goaded into such a fight in the first place - that's not why you study Tai Chi. Remember - the only reason to fight is if you get paid. MMA is best if that's your aim. For a real encounter with a genuine Tai Chi master, 80 years old, and a professional cage fighter and MMA teacher see:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VXDWDqQBi0

Youtube thumbnail

It was basically a joke - the MMA fighter was humiliated. And the Tai Chi master was 80 years old. That's why you study - health, longevity etc- all the stuff I mentioned before. And its a life style you train in for your whole life.    The Tai Chi master just trained an four a day - but it takes many many years to reach his level.   Still when you think about it you have your entire life - there is no hurry..

Thanks

Bill

It is great to want to protect women and children.

• Noah

I think you should do it! You want to build confidence and your doing it in a healthy way!

Why do you wanna fight all the time?

Are you just going around looking for fights.

Why you be more positive?

• Noah
      1 month agoReport

He said he doesn't want to fight he just wants to be more confident!