is there an restaurant in Greater Philadelphia area or surrounding suburbs where the (wait) staff speaks fluent Italian.?

My manager is learning Italian and wants to have lunch, dinner, etc. at a place where the staff speaks Italian. She wants to practice her Italian on someone who is fluent or much better than he is in speaking Italian. How can I find out where or if they are located?

• Lili
    Favorite Answer

A restaurant isn't the best place to do it. There's no real time, and the sorts of conversations you have with wait staff are very basic and easy.  ("Voglio linguine alle vongole".  "Va bene, Signora".)

I lived in Philadelphia and also speak Italian (I lived in Italy, too). I'd recommend that your manager put out some feelers at local universities for someone who'd be willing to, say, have lunch with her once a week or so and speak only in Italian. Penn would be a good place to do it.  

Or try the America-Italy Society of Philadelphia.

• Zirp

Wrong question in the wrong category.

You should ask "where can I practice Italian in Philadelphia? " and post it in the proper "travel-->united states" category.

An Italian cultural association or even a church-service will help more than a restaurant

• Ju-Dee1 month agoReport

It is a gift, so I don't know how to gift a church-service. Also, I don't want to practice Italian; my manager does and I a gift card to a restaurant would be nice.    If you'll note, I realized I posted in the wrong category and reposted in another category.

maybe you can try asking at some italian places