What is the best laptop for web browsing and microsoft word I can get for under £100.00?

I just need a laptop to access my uni materials online and run Word. I have a main PC but need a laptop for when I go back home. Would I maybe be better off getting a tablet that can run word?

If you can do without MS Word I would go with a Chromebook. You can get refurbished ones for under $100 USD (sorry, not sure about pounds). You can save your word documents to it and use Google Docs or any other internet based word document editing program, then save as a .docx to go back to MS Word. Tablets are nice but I preferred having an actual keyboard for typing papers.  

Buy a dell latitude E6500 or newer. We have 2 of them and both are core2duos with 4GB of ram and both came with windows installed, and they are easy to work on.

used. the new copy of Windows that a laptop includes costs the manufacturer over 50 pound alone

• Lv 7

go to a pawn shop. no where else will you find a computer so cheap.

you are asking how to squeeze blood from a stone. no computer worth owning is less than £450.

i got one on amazon for $94 and it worked great

• Murzy

A Toshiba or an HP Notebook.

I use a Lenovo IdeaPad s340 with an Intel i3 core. Although it is much more expensive than 100 euros (It is about 321 euros), it is worth the cost (It is high-speed and has pretty much everything you need). A chromebook costing 219 euros that I tried out was really cruddy, so I'd say go for a slightly higher-priced laptop. 

i got a dell laptop that was used on amazon and i got it for $94 and it works great