Crappy ac installation?

Long - short. Ac company installed a system to small for my home. After fighting with them for almost a year they came out and installed a proper sized system. But this is how they left it. Also they were unable to get my nest thermostat, which was running the old system they installed 12 months earlier. They gave me a Honeywell programmable thermostat and acted as if they hooked me up so to speak. In your opinions is this acceptable?

• Marko

Was a techn for 2 years and I've seen some you wouldn't believe. Your thermostat wires (white) could be a little neater. Looks like the Access door is pinned down by the support rod, too, so maintenance will be more difficult. 

As long as you have enough btu capacity, which it seems that now you do, you should be fine.

The Honeywell stats are very good but I think the Nest stats use wifi and I don't know about them or if they need a certain circuit board on the air handler.

• y

lazy and pathetic.

A lawyer will cost you $400 an hour just for an initial consultation.  Cut your losses.  Call an AC tech/company with a good reputation and let him/her fix your system.  Scratch that company from your list of reputable companies.

• andrew1 month agoReport

That's my initial thought as well. I just can believe they left it as such and when I contacted them about the exposed wiring they said it's low voltage and nothing to worry about. I can't imagine it would pass inspection.