Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 1 month ago

Is there a reason why climate change skeptics and deniers avoid the facts?

It appears to me that the climate change skeptics and deniers are prepared to go to considerable lengths to win support for their cause.

To this end we see incessant repetition of the same thoroughly debunked arguments and the trawling through of historical documents to find errors that scientists made 40 years ago.

Constantly they try to focus attention away from the core issues.  Are the skeptics incapable of providing a robust counter argument to the science and facts behind global warming?

I would have though that the best way to disprove something was to… well… disprove it.  Instead they steer well clear.  Why is that?

Favorite Answer

40 years ago?, I’ve seen them post news paper clipping from 100 years ago, or longer, not sure what this is meant to prove other than they can’t get any real modern science because they simply have no modern support. At the end of the day their own repeating of a multitude of absurd conspiracies and fake news about scientists and science have driven many away from denial, most polls now show steady growing support that AGW is happening. That groups like Exxon now admit it also certainly didn’t help the denier case at all.

Here's a reason from 1989...

Because it’s scares them what could happens 

..........................

Probably because douchebags like you keep shoving it in peoples faces with your ******* hybrids 

• Cowboy

Stupid is as stupid does, and you can expect a great deal MORE stupidity from republicans as this crisis continues.

As a computational scientist for Sandia National Labs I was only asked once to do a supercomputer simulation on Global Warming around 1995. They first had me run a simulation with data that contradicted their theory removed. That happens all the time so I thought nothing of it. Scientists often want to take simulations with contradictory data removed so they can compare it against simulations with the data put back in.

But they never asked me to run the simulations with the contradictory data put back in. I even asked them about it and they told me that it wasn't necessary. I even told this to my boss and he just shrugged and said it's their study, they can do what they want.

As far as I know it isn't illegal to do a study with only data that supports your theories in, but it's really bad science.

• yr_nxt_bf
      1 month agoReport

Although they use job queuing today so they don't have a choice, back then scientists were adamant that their simulations, especially when they were doing multiple runs for comparison, were done on similar hardware.  For example, it would be unheard of to compare results from a Paragon with a Cray.

The Democrats always preach about climate change, but then fly airplanes, travel in non-climate friendly cars, and buy real estate next to the ocean while claiming the world will end in 10 years (or, whatever the number of years we have left).

Just look at the insane clown-world of Greta Thunberg. The left praises her as a climate change champion who took a boat across the ocean to avoid flying (for climate), but they had to fly handlers for her over the ocean multiple times instead, thus negating her refusal to fly, and making this refusal a cheap farce.

All they can do is to cry about parameterized ((i.e. phony - for people who don't understand)) climate-change studies produced by ""scientists"" who have a monetary interest in pedaling this stupid climate-change agenda.

Also, as a last note, if your side is telling us about "gender spectrum", "non-binary", a "woman with a penis", and then cries "science" when it comes to climate change, then it needs to shut the f#ck up!

• Horse1 month agoReport

The OP is paid alarmist troll Here's Georgie.  He posts these fake, throwaway questions every day.  They are simply using Yahoo as a PR board for their cause.  Don't waste your time.

Many of them are Bible thumpers, they learned to deny facts at their mother's teat.

• rap1361
      1 month agoReport

look again you go out of your way to prove you can not use logic or reason .

Facts : The climate has been changing for billions of years with the most profound changes taking place before man walked the earth and certainly before the industrial revolution .

• Horse1 month agoReport

It's not helping them kill.  This is.  Yahoo is.  Talking this way killed humanity.