Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

Am I a bad person for not letting a stranger know that their dog has diarrhea, seeing as it has the potential go be a serious problem?

• Bort

If the owner doesn't know in my opinion that is a bad pet owner who doesn't really care about the animal, or know how to care for a dog properly. Dogs especially their #2 business needs to be looked at for several reasons, it seems you know.

It wouldn't hurt anything to ask the owner "Excuse me, Sir/Ma'am, I saw your pup do their business. Do you know they have the runs?"

and go from there. If they didn't know you did what you could by filling them in. If they do know the dog has squirting squats and don't seem concerned about it and don't know what it might be from (it could just be a change in their food or something they ate), then maybe you should fill them in that dogs not having solid stools could be a symptom of something that needs to be cared for.

Why would you know that?

Huh?   Do you not think the owner KNOWS that their dog isn't well?   Frankly much as I'd hope that any owner with a dog who has diarrhoea would keep them at home rther than spread infection around, and not be able to easily pick up, this really would be NOYB!!

Do you regularly watch other people's dogs pooping?

i would let them know, so they can take their dog to the vet but they might already know anyways

No but why not tell them

• Nicholas1 month agoReport

Because some people dont like other people in their business.