Adosia
Adosia asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSTDs · 1 month ago

Health problem?

I have a bump on my gums. I kept touching it then pus came out of it. I dont think its an std because i havent had sex. Its really sore right now when i eat spicy food it hurts. What is it

Sounds more like what's called a gumboil rather than an std. They are remarkably common and nothing to worry about.

Description and treatment here:-

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/326135.p...

Treatment:-

Rinse with warm (but not hot) salty water ... being careful not to swallow. Do this 3 or 4 times a day for about a week and it should go. If it persists you may need anti bacterial treatment and should maybe see a doctor.

Hope that helps.

• Jerry

To me, it sounds like an abscessed tooth. That is, an infection that manifests as pus filled pocket under the surface of your skin. See a dentist. Tooth abscess can usually be cured with 7-10 days of antibiotic pills, but sometimes you need a filling or other dental work to keep the infection from coming back over and over. 

• Could be a canker sore if it happens when you eat spicy foods. They are usually raised white lesions but they don't usually cause pus. No one really knows what causes canker sores  but it's not an std. Stop touching it, you don't want to make it worse. Go see a doctor and get it checked out.

It *might* be oral herpes (cold sore in the mouth) 

which you can actually have/get without having sex. 

It is not uncommon at all. 

Have it checked, so that if the results come back positive 

you can get informed as to how to handle it in the future. 

Go to the dentist and get treatment because it does not sound healthy.

Mild abscess.  There was slight infection. See a dentist to get X-ray.