Mattman asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 month ago

How come I have to give over fifteen letters response on Y/A answers when other people gave ten letters?

9 Answers

Relevance
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Because the site has a CHARACTER minimum, not a LETTER minimum (and blank spaces count as characters, for example). Some people know how to type 15 characters without having extraneous letters being visible (they use characters that don't produce an alpha or numeric character in the display) 

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Because they are hitting the space bar enough times, for the other 10 characters to be accepted.

If you type the word "Yes," then press space another 12 times, it will submit & will look like you were able to only post 3 characters.

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

That's the Limit its a new Rule that Yahoo Added the Other people that give Less Cheat there way through it by adding Special Characters or Spaces

• Mental
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

It's a religious thing Yahoo is into

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

All you have to do is use the space bar and one tap is equal to one character.  You could do that 15 times if you want to troll.

• 1 month ago

There have to be at least 15 character SPACES in an answer. There do NOT HAVE to be letters or punctuation marks in those spaces. All the computers "read" or count is the number of spaces in the answer. Those spaces can be blank.

• 1 month ago

I have to give 13.

This is how a lot of people take care of it.

Answer:  I don't care...….    Just add periods.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Just keep hitting the space bar.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

cause they want you to, you can try the ten letters and see if it'll let you do that

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.