Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentCivic Participation · 1 month ago

When talking to non-Americans, do I tell them that America is great country or do I wait until they tell me that America is great country?

What is the protocol?

Who gets to be the judge?

LET THEM DECIDE

• Zhu

Wait for them. Avoid jokes about Trump. 

• Biff

Not many non-Americans will say America is a great country while Trump is president. He is seen as a joke outside America.

• EdWinter
      1 month agoReport

" He is seen as a joke outside America."

You kids brought up to worry about what others FEEL about you are...sad. Just saying, "liberal".

Adults don't bother going there, AnonnieGurl. The closest an adult with an IQ north of Al Gore's goes in that direction is to discuss, and explain, if necessary, the concept of the American Dream. Intellectuals will go further and get into the issue of American Exceptionalism, but that's beyond YAP-YAPpers, so no need to talk about that here.

Honey, it's 2019 (and almost 2020!!! yaaaayyyyyyyy), and for many decades now (think: since the 1960s), EVERYBODY gets to be their own judge. Now, 97.27% are wrong 68.91% of the time in their judgments, but hey, who's counting, right!?! lol

Hon, if there is ANYTHANG else you're just sure I can help you with, ALL you need to do is ask, hear!

• Shawn

I actually divide American into illegal aliens, legal aliens, libs\leftists\anti-patriots\anti-Americans & patriotic Americans.  With the illegal aliens and libs\leftists\anti-patriots\anti-Americans I say nothing to them and simply pray that they can one day be eliminated from America.  There is a civil war brewing and it may come to that one day soon. 

That is pretty funny.  You are habla gated to tell them 

Whatever you want.

The U.S. is awesome.   You know it and, more importantly, they know it.    No need to bring up the obvious.

• EdWinter
      1 month agoReport

No kidding, which is why, except for poor Mexicans & Central Americans, 3rd-worlders around the world with education, resources, and giddy-up are doing EVERYTHING in their power to get into this insanely great country of ours. Too many American morons take our freedoms and opportunities for granted.

Why does that even need to be part of the conversation? and not everyone thinks the US is an amazing country.

• EdWinter
      1 month agoReport

I've been to 47 countries around the world, honey, and I can assure you that, on balance, and despite all of the "issues" going on in our country today (and tomorrow! lol), we top the list of "amazing countries".

And now that you know, hon? Be sure to share this fact with ALL of your little friends